Welcome Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Astra G X17DTL  (Read 17985 times)

Offline s.thompson16

• Steve
Astra G X17DTL
« on: November 26, 2008, 19:43:46 »
Hi,

Just bought an astra G 1999 model with X17DTL engine. Engine wont start, no fault codes, got fuel supply at fuel pump but no fuel out of injector pipes. Seems to be faulty fuel pump has anyone had this problem and is it possible to repair pump. Checked wiring from pump to ECU, all wiring ok.

Offline Treig

• AdvancedUser
Re: Astra G X17DTL
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 13:02:29 »
It's possible to try repair such pump, but you have chances about 50/50 and also you can't predict how it would work in future.
You need to disconnect fuel lines from pump to injectors, and remove metal cover and then plastic cover (it's lays on gasket maker silicone).
Near connector you would see power field transistor and probably you would see problem with it - wires broken or transistor disorder. It can be exchanged for one normal in plastic body if you put it out of pump (for example on metal cover upper).
But the problem can be deeper and it would mean that  you need another pump/
Other possibility is to replace electronic pump with one from older Astra III (f) but it is little bit complicated couse you need to change many mechanical components and resolve some mechanical problems. In such case you would get the car works but emissions, fuel consumption and performance would be reduced.
You can check once again before you decide what to do -- the main problem is air in fuel lines.

The normal repairment is possible only using special Bosch equipment and spares (inside ECU for example) and the cost of such procedure often costs more then used pump.

Offline s.thompson16

• Steve
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:19:07 »
Fit used fuel pump engine now running  :). Mil kept illuminating, fault code p0400/2 found flap valve snapped on rear of vacuum pump, not creating enough vacuum to operate egr valve. Made new valve out of small piece of thin metal all ok now  :).

Offline biggugus

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:38:19 »
I have the same problem. No DTC but the car will not start. No fuel to the injectors when you operate the starter.

Screen shoots:

Item 15 "Fuelcutoff valve" actif ?

Détail:

When I activate the starter.

This is the pump that is down or just the solenoid in red color ?

Offline Treig

• AdvancedUser
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:53:19 »
You need all device complete shown on your picture. Don't try to replace component's it wouldn't resolve problem.
You can buy electronic unit but you can't program it, so the only way is to replace the whole High pressure pump as topicstarter do.

Offline biggugus

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 01:44:23 »
I wonder if it's an electronic problem or just mechanical pump.

What do the parameters:
-Fuel cutoff valve =  Actif ?
-High pressure diagnosis 1 = 0 ?
-High pressure diagnosis 2 = 0 ?

Offline biggugus

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 13:23:26 »
reminder of the problem.

the car does not start, and there is no fuel to the injectors. No fault code.

==========

I buy a used pump.
This time, I have a fault code P1630, the car still does not start and still no fuel to injectors.

==========

I buy a remanufactured pump on ebay.uk in p.fjones, it's the same number, and p.fjones say it's ok for Astra g X17DTL:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270813672740&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This time, I have no fuel injector, the car not start me, the fan moteur run, and I have no comunication with the engine ECU.

I have fault code in imobiliser, instruments and cooling:

==========
All I did was replace the pump every time.
The pump remanufactured she destroyed the engine ECU?

Another problem?

Offline Treig

• AdvancedUser
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 15:02:27 »
Take a look at the yellow big fuse near ABS.

Offline biggugus

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:30 »
Thank's Treig, you are the best.

Because of the son of the solenoid underneath passing behind the pump, which are longer than the original, without sheathing to collect two son.
 Finally, one of the solenoid wire is placed between the plate pump back and the back support, it is clamped to the clamping.

Frankly I was afraid to have blown the pump.

But the car started