Welcome Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: P0201: Injector Valve 1 Voltage Low - Not Present  (Read 11188 times)

Offline wfdtamar

P0201: Injector Valve 1 Voltage Low - Not Present
« on: September 30, 2011, 22:40:57 »
Vectra B 1998 C22SEL engine. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Drives normally (no warning lights) then all of a sudden the engine cuts out (dies completely) with a warning light. If I wait with the engine off for a few minutes it starts and does another 5-10 km. I made it home 100 km like that.

About 6 months ago I installed new spark plugs & leads and stainless steel headers and exhaust. I did recently replace the fuel filter (the right way around), but that is pretty straight forward.

Tested with my Opelscanner and got the following errors and description:

P0201: Injector Valve 1 Voltage Low - Not Present

P0202: Injector Valve 2 Voltage Low - Not Present

P0203: Injector Valve 3 Voltage Low - Not Present

P0204: Injector Valve 4 Voltage Low - Not Present

Engine not in operating condition:
Engine stationary
Start
Deceleration fuel cut-off
Engine speed limitation
Short to ground in circuit to control unit terminal 42
Above conditions must be fulfilled for at least 2.0 s.
Effect:
The oxygen sensor control and the fuel tank ventilation valve control are locked.
The fuel tank ventilation valve is closed.
All adaptations except the following adaptations are locked:
Throttle position adaptation
Idle air controller adaptation

That's the problem with the OpelScanner - it tells you the error, but not really how to sort it.

This site
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0204

says the following:
'P0204 means that the PCM (powertrain control module) detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. It monitors the injector and when the injector is activated, the PCM expects to see the voltage pulled "low" or close to zero. When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close to battery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code. The PCM also monitors resitance in the circuit. If the resistance is excessively low or high it will set this code.

The causes of a P0204 engine light code could be any of the following:

Bad injector. This is usually the cause of this code but doesn't rule out the possibility of one of the other causes
Open in the wiring to the injector
Short in the wiring to the injector
Bad PCM

1. First, using a DVOM check the resistance of the injector. If it isn't within specs, then replace the injector.
2. Check for voltage at the fuel injector connector. It should have 10 volts or more.
3. Visually check the connector for damage or broken wires.
4. Visually check the injector for damage.
5. If you have access to an injector tester, activate the injector and see if it operates. If the injector operates, then you likely have either an open in the wiring, or a blocked injector. If you do not have access to a tester, swap the injector with another one and see if the code changes. If the code changes, then change the injector.
6. At the PCM, remove the driver wire from the PCM connector and Ground the wire. (Make sure you have the correct wire. If you're not sure, do not attempt) The injector should activate
7. Replace the injector.'

Offline Treig

• AdvancedUser
Re: P0201: Injector Valve 1 Voltage Low - Not Present
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:08:39 »
May be you need to check voltage supply for all injectors. Get the wiring diagram and find relay for voltage supply or any break in wiring.

Offline wfdtamar

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 21:17:49 »
Yes. The problem is it only happens after a little while, so testing at home may not show any abnormality.

I've only just worked out how to use the TIS 2000 software (which will help). A user on VVOC said he had the same thing happen and it was one of the purple relays on the ABS (one does the ECU the other the injectors & fuel pump). I've swapped them over so if the symptoms are different I'll know it's one of them that is faulty. If it is that I'm thinking it's close to failure and enough heat stops it working.

Offline wfdtamar

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:38:33 »
I swapped the two purple relays and this time after about 15 km's the traction control & engine management dashboard lights came on, but the car seemed normal (probably because only the traction control/ABS was not working).

That would seem to confirm it is one of those relays. I'll see what happens with a new one.

Offline wfdtamar

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 20:52:07 »
Fixed. A new relay is all it needed. Done 150-200km and it seems normal.